Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Favorite Venue...still not ours

The Orange County Museum of Art was a favorite of mine. I didn't even know that we had such a museum and that it was right down the street from where I work. It was such a cute place! I love the inside! It has so much potential. I wish it was a little closer to the water, but you can't have everything. The area where the ceremony would be held is alright, but again, here's where imagination really helps.

Pricewise...I didn't think it was hair-raising scary, but I think with additional costs of decorations, photography, and catering, the bill might go over our budget. However, what's nice, is that they don't charge more during peak wedding season, so it's a definite possibilty for my dream June wedding. Though i've come to terms to accept an off wedding season wedding...hence, the reason we are starting to look now.

The weather now is still a little bit too chilly for my tastes, however. I'm going to hope for a wedding between April and June (including June).

Pictures from OCMA (I apologize for the quality; these were taken with my phone camera):

The glass garage doors would be open for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and part of the reception. They would be lowered once the party started, i.e. music and dancing. The ceremony would be held outdoors.

I love how the bar looks!

The entrance hall or lobby (looking from the inside).

The cereony area. Chairs would be arranged to face the white backdrop.

The left side of the ceremony area (looking towards the white backdrop).

Looking at the OCMA building from the outside (white backdrop behind me).

Making a 360 turning left. There's my honey. He's holding my clipboard with all my questions. Hehe. Yes, he came. The coordinator was pleasantly surprised with his presence.

The glass doors would be open. This area would double as the cocktail hour and dancing. The projections screen and dj would be placed behind me. There was an art piece there, and we're not allowed to take pictures of them; that's why I couldn't show you the entire area.

So there it is. I wish I had better pictures. Pictures of the place decorated are awesome! I don't have any of those on hand.

One more picture...of the bar.

I called in late May to inquire about available dates next year, but I was told they were no longer accepting events for the rest of 2008 and for 2009. So...this is not our venue.

[+] obsess more

1 comment:

shootingstars said...

Pretty random. I got a link to your blog in google alerts from "OCMA" which for me is the OC Music Awards. I had a show of my photo work there. Maybe it is meant to be as perhaps you'd like to check out my photography. I am looking to begin to book weddings after a hiatus for a surgery and to catch up after and leave myself plenty of a break to do that.

I have been back shooting plenty of fun stuff lately editorial style, including magazine publishing's and for Getty Images, and glad to be back. I usually would be totally booked up by now but because of my time off and recovery I have room for a cool last minute wedding (meaning hopefully a month or so in advance when generally it would be a year!). If you want to check my stuff out you and search imagesthatrock and I will come up. Good luck with your planning! I am looking into your favorite wedding links as I'm always doing research and adding to my vendor list. =)

Best!

jeanne