Wednesday, April 1, 2009

more on my invitations

So I left you with my Vietnamese invitations...an you've yet to see the entire suite.

First, for those wondering...I used Times New Roman in MS Word in the Vietnamese invitations. Dee found a great picture of a Vietnamese invitation, and I simply copied it...with of course adjusting the date, time, and venue. I'd also like to mention that I found translations for all those all by my-Filipino-self. Fi's dad did go over it to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Okay...back to these suckas!




Our Entourage insert. This is a Filipino custom. We only put them in some invitations. Vellum is expensive man! Plus, if you have sweaty hands like me, and you printed on the vellum with an inkjet printer...forget about it!


Here are the inserts taken out of the pocket.


And this was used to seal our pocketfolder closed. It was a last minute project for me, and it was kinda off center, but whatever. The gold paint turned out really great!!

And our envelope liners. We used a combination of Japanese paper (which we ran out of...and was very expensive) and gift wrap that I got from Hallmark and The Container Store.

So those are my invitations. I've been getting some really nice compliments. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! =)