Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mom's/My wedding dress update: Amazingness cont'd

Last night was my 2nd to last meeting with Janet Brunton.

I cried like 102384712835 times. It truly is amazing. And I super love that it's my mom's dress, and it's my dress.

Dee, step away. Don't even try to look!

I can't do it justice without showing you its progress starting from the beginning:

My mom's dress...as she wore it...minus the right sleeve. =|

taken apart and the beginning of redesign.

with the redesigned top (which needs to be reshaped again) and the first 2 tiers.

with new top and all tiers added.

Janet added a train!

she's lookin gorgeous!









and last night:


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Janet attached the rest of Mom's lace to the sweetheart top. Amazing, no?

i'm super happy with how it's coming along!

my top, up close.

up closer...

the 2 styles of scalloped lace we're trying to choose from to use as the trim for the sweetheart top.

went with the smaller scalloped lace...this is how the lace will look on my top.

here's the rounded train.

i'm sorry...I can't get enough of this dress!

how the lace will look in the back.

from far away-ish

from the side.

bustled...amazing, right?

bustle from the side

walking...

and here's one of me crying...yea...she's the one.

what next? Janet will attach the tulle to the dress so that it doesn't pop out in random places as you've seen in the pictures. It'll help as I won't be standing still all night. Janet will attach the lace trim to the top, complete my bustle, and clean up anything else. And we're still trying ways we can incorporate the buttons from my mom's sleeves on the dress. Janet is one of my favorite vendors to work with!!

[+] obsess more

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovin' how it looks!

Glad to hear I'm not your favorite :-p

Mrs.Lover Lover said...

awwww. how pretty! U look so happy in it too!