Saturday, October 18, 2008

what's in?

With all this wedding planning, I'm not sure how to shop for everyday clothes, shoes, and accessories...you know...non-wedding related (NWR) shopping. I'm not even sure I know what's in anymore. Not that I have shopping in my budget, buuuuut I was able to pick up a couple of things at Target and Forever 21. Help me out though...I'm not sure what to wear these items with.

I really love the look of high-waisted pencil skirts with belts. It looks so classic to me. I got this one from Forever 21:


The fuschia grid pattern adds a little character to the classic look. What kind of top would you wear with it though? When I tried it on, I had a white and gray striped cotton tank that I tucked in...not bad, but not exactly professional looking. I think I can wear this some open-toe heels (d'orsay style) or some pumps.

I totally dig grandpa cardigans, and I'm so glad I'm seeing them again...like how Jerell from Project Runway paired his outfit with one on Episode 10:


It was the winning outfit of that episode! I picked up this one from Target:


I picked it up in navy and black as well. I could probably pair the black one with my pencil skirt above.

Some things I have my eye on...I have been obsessing (for like 3 years now) over the City bag by Balenciaga. I want it. I want it!


And I'm totally diggin' booties...please don't mistake for bootaaaaays. I like those too though. ;-)


These Pedro Garcia's are uber cute! I love the little peep toe...such a nice surprise! Get them at ShopBop. I would pair with some shiny black tights.

If I could only get one pair of jeans for the rest of the year, I would get these J Brand 9610 jeans for the season:


I love the little zipper detail! Show em off by wearing with some sexy heels for a dressed up look. Or pair 'em up with some cute flats for a more casual look. Tuck 'em into some boots if you're cold. Get them at Singer22.

Let's not forget about a coat for the season:


This Mike & Chris trench is super cute and versatile enough to go from day to evening. Get it here:

I would totally love to shop to help the economy, but I've got a wedding to fund...and a future home to save for. Here's to more bargain-hunting...if I can get by the fiance!

[+] obsess more

No comments: