Tuesday, December 30, 2008

initial wedding idea

And then in September of 2007, while helping my mom find an outfit for a wedding she was going to attend, I asked her if she still has her wedding dress. Low and behold, she does. I ask if I can try it on, and she hesitates and says that I might not be able to fit as she was so small back in the day. Well, let me tell you...I was back down to the weight I was when I first started college, and I wanted to prove her wrong.

And I did prove her wrong...I fit into the dress, perfectly!

I told my mom I would love to wear her dress if she'd allow me to update the look a bit; she agreed, and I had "the" dress. And then the inspiration came soon after.

This Monique Lhuillier was inspiration for the updated look of my mom's dress. The tiers were already there and so was the shape. I found a wonderful lady who was just as excited as I was to work on the dress. photo credit: Monique Lhuillier


Here's the lace from the top. I love the flower appliques!


The pleated Georgette silk is dreamy and strike me as very unique...though, I've seen a lot of pleated wedding dresses lately...so it looks like in terms of wedding fashion, I'm in!


And my initial idea for our wedding theme was "Modern-Vintage: Lace and Pleats."

...to be cont'd.

[+] obsess more

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

that is very cool. can't wait to see the updated version!