Monday, September 1, 2008

You spin me right round baby,

Right round like our wedding theme, baby
Right round round round

Circles, dots, anything round. This will be driving our wedding theme.

It seems only fitting as the circle is a symbol of unity, of wholeness, and infinity.

This symbolizes the merging of male and female forces. You could expect to see this pop up throughout the wedding. Pictures courtesy of Symbols and their meaning.

I'm still not sure how I want to do my invitations. I know that it will be a big DIY project, and I'm super excited to tackle it! But our theme will certainly make its first appearance here. Here are some of my ideas:

photo courtesy of www.minted.com

Embossed paper and cut-outs! That will certainly be work-intensive, but I welcome the challenge! Other ideas I love:


Pictures above courtesy of www.minted.com

photo credit unknown

Continuing with the ceremony. I purchased capiz shell curtains from an OC knot bride. I was thinking of using them as a backdrop for our wedding ceremony. I think it would add some texture and direct our guests' focus to us.

photo courtesy of Sarah K. Chen

How about confetti for guests to throw during our recessional?


photo courtesy of Snippet and Ink

I would of course use biodegradable paper to make the round confetti.

Moving on to the reception. I'm going to be making buttons to use as seating and place cards.


photo courtesy of Mrs. Strawberry of Weddingbee

I will also be making button magnets to give to our guests as a wedding favor. I jacked this idea from my Etsy obsessing.

And then there's the cake. How perfect would Sprinkles cupcakes be? Little round masterpieces for each guest.



They even have an aqua and orange dot! Both photos above courtesy of Sprinkles.

So that's what I have so far. I'll keep you posted on my other ideas.

[+] obsess more

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I love the idea of this theme! I think it is really versatile and subtle, which are two things that a lot of wedding things are missing.

markessaxo said...

I LOVE it! I cant wait to see what you come up with for DIY projects!

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you today - and hearing about an awesome new blog! (told you I was a blogaholic!)

good luck with all your planning & projects!

Nina Sapphira said...

Love the idea!

nita said...

i'm loving your blog! great ideas! I stumbled upon it from the knot and it looks like my sister [also a knottie] found it too!

;)