Wednesday, February 11, 2009

don't sweat it, part II

I keep a box of tissue by my desk so that I can wipe the sweat off my hands. My hands and feet get cold after becoming clammy. I can go through a box of tissue in a week (aka 5 work days). I sit at my desk and my fingers tense up so bad from being wet and cold (mind you, I'm only in my office). When I have to write on documents, I have to use some scratch paper to act as a shield between the document and my hands. When I touch paper, it looks old and used, as if water's been spilled on it and then dried.

I hate meeting new people because that means we have to shake hands. I often avoid it by saying straight up that I'd rather not because my hands are sweaty. And people joke back that I just don't want to shake their hand...I do though. Sometimes, they're confused at why I don't want to shake hands.

I have been trying to get help from my doctor. I tried to mention it in high school when I realized that it wasn't normal, but nothing happened. I mentioned it again to my doctor when I got my own health insurance with my job. Nothing happened. I switched doctors, finally got a referral, waited 6 months, and got nothing.

I decided to do my own research. At first, I could only find things that would help execessive underarm sweating aka auxillary hyperhidrosis. While underarm sweating was another problem to deal with, it wasn't nearly as bad as my sweaty hands and feet. It was nothing that Secret Antiperspirant couldn't help. But then I found Maxim.


I thought Secret was helping...Maxim is awesome. You apply before going to bed, and you're good for like 3 days! No need to apply antiperspirant in the morning. You can only purchase this online though. Some other products that work for exessive underarm sweating: Certain Dri and B+Drier. Both of these can be bought at your local CVS pharmacy.

Source: here

Yes, I did try to apply these products to my hands and feet with no success of stopping or even minimizing the sweating on my hands and feet. *sigh*

I continue my search. Am currently waiting for another referral..which I had to get from another referral.

[+] read more

No comments: